There are so many kitchen essentials we deem as must-haves (more on that later) but a few of our favorite items to have in the kitchen has to be our collection of cookbooks. With so many beautiful books to choose from, which ones do you pick? We've spoken to everyone in the office and here are our favorite cookbooks for everyday meals, parties, families, and culinary staple items that we think you should try. And of course, these books are as beautiful as they are informative.
1. Half Baked Harvest Every Day: Recipes for Balanced, Flexible, Feel-Good Meals: A Cookbook
There's really nothing Tieghan Gerard makes that we don't love. Follow her on Instagram and get a taste of some of her best recipes - wholesome eating without sacrificing any of the good stuff. Her latest cookbook is one of our top picks.
2. Savor: Entertaining with Charcuterie, Cheese, Spreads & More!
This beautifully bound cookbook features incredible ways to make the perfect charcuterie board for guests. You won't be disappointed with this cookbook, which is visually pleasing and delicious, especially if you love entertaining.
3. Platters and Boards: Beautiful, Casual Spreads for Every Occasion
While we're on the subject of entertaining, this cookbook makes for THE BEST housewarming gift. Pair it with a wooden board and a cheese knife and consider yourself their favorite new houseguest. Created by the popular food blogger Shelly Westerhausen, this book contains secrets to creating casually chic spreads everyone will enjoy.
4. Magnolia Table, Volume 2: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering You might have guessed it. We're big on entertaining at IJD. This is one of our favorite go-to cookbooks for homestyle recipes that warm the heart and your kitchen. Following the launch of her #1 New York Times bestselling cookbook, Magnolia Table, Joanna Gaines gives us another cookbook that shares some of her family's most cherished recipes.
5. Joy of Cooking: 2019 Edition Fully Revised and Updated
It's like the Betty Crocker book your mom had in her kitchen. You know, the one with the red and white plaid cover. Joy of Cooking is a staple cookbook, in our opinion, just like that. You just have to have it. And for good reason, too! In this updated edition, you will find tried-and-true favorites like Banana Bread Cockaigne, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Southern Corn Bread—all retested and faithfully improved—as well as new favorites like Chana Masala.
6. Cravings: All Together: Recipes to Love: A Cookbook
Love her or hate her, Chrissy Teigan sure knows how to create mouth-watering dishes that everyone loves. This is her second cookbook and it's GORGEOUS. The cover. The illustrations. The photography. The hilarious notes inside. Learn how to make Chrissy's signatures like Stuffed PB&J French Toast and puff pastry–wrapped Meatloaf Wellington. Yum!
From our kitchen to yours, HAPPY COOKING!